Friday, March 14, 2008

Ides of March Eve

Today is a really good day. The evidence:

1. It's "π Day," 3.14. Please notice that I've manipulated the post time to read 1:59 (p.m.), which pointlessly carries the digits of π out three points further. (If I wanted to do it right, I'd calculate that 0.159 of a day equals 3 hours 48 minutes 58 seconds, and reset the post clock to 3:48:58 a.m. But I'm not that big a nerd.)

2. A few days after 20 years ago tomorrow, I was doing this:

Apologies for the picture's stripes.
A new scanner is on order.

My two little pooquita chiquitas celebrate their birthday tomorrow, and Karen and I are taking a cake, gifts, and a couple of their girlfriends to spend the day at their all-grown-up big-girl university. In contrast to 20 years ago, I think today if they ganged up and used some strategy, they'd have a fair chance of taking me. Good thing I instilled all that respect when I had the chance. Right, girls? Right?

3. One other reason.

I hope you have a great weekend, I think I will.

.

3 comments:

Mike Lynch said...

Have a great weekend, Brian, and happy birthday to your girls!

Sherwood Harrington said...

I'm not that big a nerd.
You say that like it's a bad thing. And yes you are, anyway -- to make pi Day #1 above #3 and, especially, #2! (Note that I'm not a big enough nerd to figure out how to make this comment include the Greek letter pi symbol. Neener.)

I hope you have a great weekend.
Tell you what, your post (and especially that picture) sure gave me a running start on it!

Thanks, Brian.

Anonymous said...

That's an adorable photo of you and your girls! I'll bet your mom is smiling down from Heaven at her gorgeous grand-daughters as they turn 20!

Shouldn't we get an "after" photo of the girls, since the "before" is so lovely?