Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day '08

Yesterday was Mothers Day in the U.S., and I let it pass without mention. One reason is that Karen and I were out of town spending the day with our kids. Another is that I couldn't think of much interesting to say.

But of course I was thinking about and missing Mom. It's only in retrospect, and with the perspective of being a parent myself, that I realize how much she loved her children and genuinely wanted nothing but happiness for us. And gave to us unconditionally... including, I realized too late, giving me the final gift of letting me write a book about her. Thanks, Mom. Love you, too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that your mom realised that creating the cartoon book about her, was an indication of just how much you loved and cared for her.

It was your way of handling an impossible emotional difficulty - your mom's cancer.

So in a way, your creating the book howed your love, her letting you showed her love.

How wonderful for any mom and son to have had that love for each other. What a gift, a blessing.

Brian Fies said...

Thanks, Author. That's a nice thing to say.

Anonymous said...

oh...i forgot to mention that the show baby borrowers premieres tonight june 25th at 9pm on nbc for those of you who want to watch it...it's a great show for moms like us...i highly recommend it...to learn about parenting...:)