Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Oh, The Humanity!

I haven't done the "You Tube" thing before and don't intend to make a habit of it, but I just came across one I couldn't resist.



The first half of this clip is the funniest 2½ minutes of television I ever saw in my life, while its final line stands as the Gold Standard of well-intentioned befuddled futility. Of course your mileage may vary, and maybe you had to be there... If you're not as entertained as I am, that's all right. Sometimes I post as much for me as you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just you, Brian.

0:04 seconds in, I recognized the clip, and started to laugh. I had to pause it to comment, and I'm still giggling. Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. You just made today much more bearable.

ronnie said...

I remember watching this as a young teen with my whole family. I thought we'd have to give my Mom CPR. We were five very different people, my family. I don't think that we ever laughed quite so hard simultaneously at something on TV before, or since.

(The Carole Burnett Show's adaptation of "Gone with the Wind" might be a close second.)

To this day, "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" is a catchphrase around our house when someone is caught up on a mistaken conception or perception.

Good call.

ronnie

Brian Fies said...

The clip was my pleasure to find, believe me.