Sunday, June 04, 2006

Three Things I Have in Common with David Hasselhoff

1. I am mysteriously beloved in Germany, just like David Hasselhoff. Well, "beloved" is too strong a word, but the very popular magazine Die Zeit Wissen recently published a story about Mom's Cancer, for which I was interviewed by Anne Kunze several weeks ago. My high school Deutsch is rusty but I think she said some good things about me. The book is available in German as Mutter Hat Krebs, perhaps the most lyrical title I've ever heard.

2. I have a car that is smarter than I am, just like David Hasselhoff. (Mine doesn't talk to me, but it does have a computer onboard and definitely ... knows things.)

3. I wept like a little baby girl when Taylor Hicks won American Idol. Just like David Hasselhoff.

3 comments:

Brian Fies said...

Hilarious... Just like David Hasselhoff.

ronnie said...

I assume you'll be getting one of these sans delay???

http://snipurl.com/rk73

I understand Hasslehoff has one in each colour...

ronnie

Brian Fies said...

That's great! With Father's Day coming up, I may have to drop a few hints....