Monday, June 12, 2006

MSNBC Review


Reader Louie left a comment alerting me to a new review on MSNBC.com dated June 9. I didn't know about it, thanks Louie.

Reviewer Gael Fashingbauer Cooper summarizes Mom's Cancer and writes, "Many readers won't be able to get past the title, and even if the book rings true, it's not exactly a cheery gift--although it should become required reading in medical schools. But those who do pick it up will find it a brave and honest tale. Meeting 'Mom' and her family will help you appreciate and understand your own."

Cooper also notes that Mom's Cancer "may be a hard book to market." I suspect that is more true than I anticipated.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm hoping to be able to meet you at San Diego Comic Con and get a couple of signed copies! Will you have a table at all at the con, in case I miss your signing after your panel?

Brian Fies said...

Lynn, Thanks for asking! I'll have to get back to you on that. I think my publisher, Abrams, will have a booth I'll spend some time at. I imagine we'll come up with a schedule on the spot.

Right now I'm set for two events: a spotlight panel followed by a signing (I don't know the day or time) and a group panel on Thursday at 6 p.m. on "Developing Your Webcomic." But I am also planning to spend a lot of time there as a fan, so feel free to catch me anytime my mouth's not full of food.